Do you want to grow deeper in relationship with Jesus while you connect with other Christians?
Our small groups meet at various times throughout the month to study God’s word and encourage each other to live it out loud. Because the groups are loosely divided by age, participants have the opportunity to build authentic relationships and find care and support. Each group is open to singles and couples, with or without children.
Occasionally people will find that a particular group just "works" for them even though they aren't in the general age range. We invite you to try a few groups and find the one that works for you!
Information: Chris Woodard
Do you yearn to be in an authentic community with people who love Jesus and want to connect with each other? Join us anytime! We meet every other week.
- Bible Study - Wednesdays, Dates TBD
- Group Dinners - Date TBD
Information: Ed Glady
- Sunday classes - Classes in Room 409, 9AM
- "The Wisdom of Job" - August 18-October 13 (no class September 1): The Bible’s Books of Wisdom (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Job) speak in different ways to the wisdom God stitched into His Creation. During this study, we will seek that wisdom as we travel the paths set out by Proverbs and Ecclesiastes and then share a trash heap with Job seeking to understand God’s world and ways and our place in the midst of all of it.
- "Ruth, the Selfless Giver" - October 20-November 24: Ruth lived a devoted life of selfless giving of herself. As a direct lineal ancestor for both David and Jesus, she also plays a key role in the heritage of our faith. We'll seek to learn from Ruth what it means to authentically love one another through devotion and sacrifice. The RightNow Media series will be facilitated by the women of our community.
- "All Compass Points Point to Bethlehem" - December 1-22 (no class December 29): In the four weeks of Advent, we will examine how the coming birth of Jesus was anticipated by the world surrounding Bethlehem, although what God gave to the world there surpassed all expectations and understanding, a Christmas gift we're still unwrapping today.
- Social Justice/Social Events:
- Conectando Padres: MentorKids/PV High School/Kaleidoscope Neighborhood Family Dinners and Parent Talks - Now in our second year, this ministry connects parents in a mostly Spanish neighborhood with information and insight into parenting and their children's education. We help out by serving meals to the assembled families and then fellowshiping with children while their parents attend programs in Spanish in a seperate hall. We will do this four times in 2019-2020, dates to be set.
- Holiday Potluck Dinner and White Elephant Exchange - November 23, 5:30-8:30PM, Home of Lou Ann & Tom Hillman: We hold our annual Holiday Potluck dinner this year at the always inviting Hillman home. We'll dine on a festive main dish plus all the yummy foods brought by those in attendance. As always, we'll have a White Elephant gift exchange ($15 limit - or what's in the back of your closet) and share warmth and laughter as we launch the Holiday Season!
- Classes, Coffee, & Confections - Sundays, September 22-November 24, 10:30-11:30AM, Room 415/416. Come early for food and fellowship, learn about God, and grow in faith with us. Bring a friend!
- November Movie Party - Friday, November 15, 6PM, home of Edie and Sam Kelsall. See the movie (TBA) in advance and join us for a lively discussion at the party, led by our resident movie expert, Janel Willert. Bring an appetizer and a beverage to share.
- Christmas Open House - Sunday, December 15, 4-7PM, home of Sarah and Jerry Burnette. Enjoy a Christmas carol sing-a-long! Bring an appetizer and beverage to share.
Information: Cheryl Shaff
Voyagers are more than a Bible study and fellowship group. This service group supports charities in the Phoenix area such as Sunshine Acres and post-prison ministries.
Meeting Dates - Sundays, 5-7:30PM, Location varies
Meeting Topic: Real Life Bible Study Series: Hope, Joy, Truth, Freedom & Love
- Nov. 24 - Thanksgiving Potluck, contact Cheryl Shaff for address
- Dec. 1 - The Capital Grille, 16489 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale
- Dec. 29 - Holiday Potluck, Home of Cheryl & David Shaff
Information: Paul Paige & Alice Paige
"We are a group of retired people who find meeting in the daytime comfortable. Join us for a time of socializing, study, and building friendships!
- Off-campus Luncheons first Tuesday of each month, 12:30PM
- Dec. 3 - Olive Garden at 3380 N Scottsdale Rd.
- Social and Study Time second Tuesday of each month, 1PM, Chapel Conference Room
- Nov. 12 - Info coming soon
- Dec. 10 - Info coming soon
Information: Wandie Hulick
- Sunday Class - Sundays, 10:30-11:30AM, Calvin Center (no classes for the month of August)
- Lunch Bunch - 3rd Thursday/Month, 11:30AM, Camelback Golf Club
- Mexican Train/Fellowship - 1st Thursday/Month, 1-3PM, Fireside Room
- Card Making Classes - Thursdays, 1-3PM, Fireside Room
- Night at the Phoenix Theatre - Various Thursdays, 7:30PM, Phoenix Theatre