Do you want to grow deeper in relationship with Jesus while you connect with other Christians?
Our small groups meet at various times throughout the month to study God’s word and encourage each other to live it out loud. Because the groups are loosely divided by age, participants have the opportunity to build authentic relationships and find care and support. Each group is open to singles and couples, with or without children.
Occasionally people will find that a particular group just "works" for them even though they aren't in the general age range. We invite you to try a few groups and find the one that works for you!
Information: Chris Woodard
Do you yearn to be in an authentic community with people who love Jesus and want to connect with each other? Join us anytime! We meet every other week.
- Thursday Dinners!, 6:30PM, Locations vary - February 27, March 26, April 23, May 28
Information: Ed Glady
- Sunday Classes - Classes in CR 104, 9AM
- The Gospel of Luke - January 5-February 23: Walk with Jesus in his ministry as recounted by Luke, a journey of teaching, healing, leading, and ultimately of sacrifice and redemption. We'll use Bible Project and other videos to help better understand how the life and ministry of Jesus are as fresh and fascinating today as it was two thousand years ago.
- What Put Jesus on the Cross? - March 1-April 5: Jesus was born to be the Lamb of God, but what events and factors actually led the Jewish and Roman leadership to seek and carry out his death? We'll look at the historical clash that occurred when Jesus announced the coming of the Kingdom of God through Him and not those in control of the Temple or the Jewish people.
- The Act of the Apostles - April 19-May 31: After Easter, we continue to follow Luke in his account of the Acts of the Apostles as they set about carrying out the command of our Lord to go forth and make disciples of all nations. We'll use Bible Project and other videos to help better understand the courage and efforts of those seeking to establish Christ's ministry among all people.
- Opportunities to Serve:
- Conectantdo Padres: MentorKids/PV High School/ Neighborhood Family Dinners and Parent Talks - Thursday, March 12 & April 16, 5:30-7:30PM, Palomino Primary School - This is a combined effort between MentorKids USA, PV High School, and Kaleidoscope. Families in the Palomino Promise Neighborhood gather four times a year at the Palomino School for a family meal, educational talks, time for the parents, and a fun time for the children. We provide the meal and child supervision, so parents can focus on the topics being presented. No prior experience or special skills needed to help with this ministry, which draws over 100 people for each night's events.
- Host Family Promise Families - Saturday, April 11, 5:30-8PM: This is a valuable opportunity to serve a meal and interact with the families VPC is hosting through Family Promise.
- Feed My Starving Children - Saturday, May 2, 6:30-9PM: Join us for a few hours as we work with other volunteers to prepare thousands of meals for hungry children across the globe. This is a fun time filled with energy, music, and fellowship. No prior experience or special skills needed!
- Opportunities to Connect:
- California Dreamin' - Saturday, March 14, 5:30PM: We will enjoy delicious food and beverages of California as every guest is invited to bring a Cali-originated beverage of their choice to share and compare in the outdoor comfort of the Provenche's home.
- Palm Sunday Brunch - Sunday, April 5, 12:30PM, Ed & Beth Glady's Home: We will gather, eat, fellowship, and play after Palm Sunday's class and worship. The Glady house provides an ideal forum for excellent dining, great conversations, and exciting games like fierce croquet matches!
- Classes, Coffee, & Confections - Sundays, 10:30-11:30AM, Room 415/416. Join us at 10AM for coffee, delicious healthy snacks, and yummy confections! Then stay for the class.
- Martin Luther with Bill McKee - January 12- Bill is a dynamic speaker. We are looking forward to this series about the man who started the Reformation.
- Train Your Brain to Be Happy with Help from Scripture with Deborah Pettit, Director Family Christian Counseling Center of Phoenix - February 23 - Strategies and teaching from scripture on how to live a happier life.
- Study of John 1, John 2, John 3 with Dr. Warren Pettitt, Professor Arizona Christian University - March 1-15: Exposition of these three letters to early new Christians with video and input from theologian N.T. Wright.
- Discourses of Jesus from the Gospel of John with Dr. Jerry Burnette, Professor Emeritus Arizona Christian University - March 22-April 19
- Boomer Movie Night - Saturday, February 22, 5PM, Coffelt Home: come to experience our Boomer hospitality, newcomers are always welcome! The movie we'll review will be announced in early February. See the movie on your own then join us for appetizers and desserts followed by lively discussion and review of the movie, led by movie expert Janel Willert!
- Spring Brunch - Sunday, May 3, 10:30AM-Noon: Join the Boomers for brunch after church. This is a yearly event we all enjoy!
Information: Cheryl Shaff
Voyagers are more than a Bible study and fellowship group. This service group supports charities in the Phoenix area such as Sunshine Acres and post-prison ministries.
Meeting Dates - Sundays, 5-7:30PM, Location varies
- Monthly Potluck & Fellowship How Not to Be Your Own Worst Enemy by Andy Stanley
- Sundays, February 23, March 29, 5PM
- RSVP Cheryl Shaff
- Easter Matters by Andy Stanley
- Sunday, April 26, 5PM
- RSVP Cheryl Shaff
Information: Paul Paige & Alice Paige
"We are a group of retired people who find meeting in the daytime comfortable. Join us for a time of socializing, study, and building friendships!
- Off-campus Luncheons first Tuesday of each month, 12:30PM
- March 3: Chelsea's Kitchen
- April 7: Sweet Tomatoes
- May 5: Camelback Golf Club
- Social and Study Time second Tuesday of each month, 1PM, Chapel Conference Room
- Spring Study: The Words of Jesus
- Spring Study: The Words of Jesus
Information: Wandie Hulick
- Sunday Class - Sundays, 10:30-11:30AM, Calvin Center (no classes for the month of August)
- Lunch Bunch - 3rd Thursday/Month, 11:30AM, Camelback Golf Club
- Mexican Train/Fellowship - February 13 & 27, March 5 & 26, April 2 & 23, May 7 & 28, VPC Library 1-4PM
- Card Making Classes - Thursdays, February 13 & 27, March 26, April 30, 1-4PM, VPC Library