We're Glad you asked!
Make sure to check out the summer brochure for the complete list of details and activities going on this summer at VPC.
Student Ministry Intern & Organist/Accompanist Part-Time Positions Available
Position Title: Student Ministry Inter, Part Time
This is a Kingdom-minded internship meant to equip the participant with a wide variety of tools to continue in his/her career beyond this internship; whether they continue at Valley Presbyterian Church or move on to a new calling. This ministry will be in-line with the core spiritual values of Valley Presbyterian Church of equipping and sending; with the goal being: that the intern would gain valuable experience while pouring into the lives of our students, and would leave better prepared to serve wherever God calls them next.
Assist in planning, organizing, and preparing for student activities.
Develop relationships with students and families - while specifically focusing on the female students.
Assist in leading all Student Ministry activities and attend trips outside of church with students.
Work with Director of Student Ministry to cast vision and strategically plan for future events.
Attend ongoing training with pastors and other ministry leads to get a full ministry perspective.
Have a servant’s heart and show the love of Christ to students, congregation, and staff at Valley Presbyterian Church.
Be passionate about seeing God work in the lives of students.
Be at least 19 years of age.
Ability to commit to working at Valley Presbyterian Church for at least 1 year.
This is an hourly position set at 20 hours per week at $11/hour.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Joseph Parisi ( )
Valley Presbyterian Church
Position Full Description
To select and provide organ and piano music for services of worship and special events
in an integrated music ministry for all ages, while enhancing meaningful, spirit-filled worship to the end that Valley Presbyterian Church will fulfill its purpose of involving and uniting all of our church family in joyful worship of God.
Support the overall mission and programs of the church, as it applies to the church-wide musical ministry, under the direction of the Minister of Music.
· Main responsibility is to provide organ and keyboard support for Traditional Sunday services with the Chancel Choir, soloists and ad hoc small ensembles;
· Plan, prepare, and play organ and piano music appropriate for all Traditional Sunday worship services, including preludes, offertories, postludes, and incidental music (including accompanying choir and soloists; communion music once a month);
· Plan, prepare, and play organ and piano music appropriate for special services including but not limited to: Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, and Holy Week services;
· Accompany weekly choir rehearsals (and occasional extra rehearsals and workshops as needed) to prepare for Sunday worship (September-June) and 2 concerts a year with a professional hired orchestra;
· Able to sight read music and flexible in all styles;
· Prepare and play appropriate music when requested for weddings and funerals (for extra compensation), as well as other special services;
· Rehearse sufficiently for optimum performance at the instruments;
· Accompany singing of hymns by congregation;
· Accompany singing of scheduled music by the choir, soloists or vocal ensembles, both in rehearsal and in services;
· Depending on the skills of the applicant, duties may be increased to include directing different ensembles and other administrative roles.
· Reports to the Minister of Music
· Serves as a colleague with the music team.
· Works cooperatively and respectfully with all members of the VPC staff.
· Lives a life demonstrating enthusiasm for Jesus Christ, and the values of a committed Christian;
· Experienced as a church organist, five years preferred;
· Completed bachelor’s degree and advanced organ study, preferred;
· Note: Consideration given to all applicants of outstanding musical ability.
· Reuter 35-rank (soon to be rebuilt/refurbished)
· Rosales tracker (16-rank)
· Bechstein (9 foot) concert grand
· 2-manual (Zuckermann Kit Flemish Double) harpsichord
*Send resumes to Minister of Music, Jennifer Hamm 480-991-6424, ext. 142. Salary dependent on experience and qualifications