Every Wednesday, from 04/12/2023 to 05/03/2023, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Group: Congregational Care
April 12 & 19- Heart Health Initiative
Cardiovascular disease remains a major cause of illness and death in the U.S. Lifestyle modification of cardiovascular risk factors has been proven to decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease. This course will focus on:
- The continued importance of heart disease
- Underlying conditions that predispose people to develop heart disease
- Understanding what can be done to minimize risk
April 26- Health Care Advocacy
Patients and caregivers have significant challenges communicating with healthcare providers and institutions. This difficulty causes distress and may affect healthcare outcomes themselves. This class will focus on:
- Preparing for a healthcare conversation at any time
- Understanding how to maintain records
- Strategies and questions to get the most out of a healthcare encounter
- Community resources and information that can provide additional help
May 3- Nutrition Workshop
Registered Nutritionist and Pharm. D. Courtney Skvarla will present on nutrition including "gut health," diet, and exercise, among other topics.
Sign your kids up for Oasis nursery, Oasis minis, or Oasis kids! click here.